Saturday 4 August 2018

(VIDEO TUTORIAL): 'Vintage' Scrapbook Layout using 2crafty chipboard & 7Dots Studio

'You are not old, your Vintage'


You can find the video tutorial for this page here.

This month, my scrapbook layout is inspired by two of my favourite blogs - 



So, almost literally as described on the 7dots studio blog, on a cozy warm, winter afternoon, I made time for myself to reflect on my journey these last few years. To document this, I chose the nostalgic 'Thoughts Keeper' collection.
The memories around the time this photograph was taken feel like just yesterday, so close, so fresh and crystal clear. But when I reflect on it, I've grown so much as a person since then. So much has changed, yet so much still remains. 




I decided to include messages and reminders to myself through symbolism - love for music through collaged music notes from Tim Holtz tissue, my daily ritual of drawing kolams (traditional indian mandala type designs) using a Kaisercraft stencil on the background, delicate lace and dainty chipboard reminds me of conversations I had with my grand mother & great grandmother about life, roses to remind me that even the most pretty things come with thorns and finally a word sticker with the words rise & shine - its never too late to try something new, one is never too late old to rise above our challenges and inspire those around.




I hope you enjoy the video tutorial.



Thanks for stopping by today.
Happy creating,
Kripa

2crafty chipboard used:

Moroccan Swirls
Cog Nested Frames
Leafy Twig Branches
Steampunk gears Small
Steampunk gears Medium
6" Circle revolution frames







12 comments:

  1. Oh my this is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing...I love every beautiful detail!! Thanks for the video!! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike...Thanks for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! So Gorgeous!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! Brilliant creation!!Love the chippie choice)))
    thanks for playing with 7 Dots Studio this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !! This is simply fabulous Kripa !! Thanks for playing along with More Than Words !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing layout!
    Thanks for playing as at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great layout~! so many gorgeous details. Thank you for joining us at 7 dots Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such stunning work! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! I'll come back to watch the video tutorial when I have a minute! :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...