I'm really overwhelmed by the comments, visits and likes on both Facebook and my blog for my previous post on the mixed media canvas. Your appreciation means a lot to me so heartfelt thank you.
I'm on the Lulupu blog today announcing the new challenge for February. I hope many more of you will be able to participate, going forward challenges will be open for the whole month. One theme and a whole month to come up with entries. The DT will continue to present challenge related inspiration. But in addition, they will also bring you tips, tutorials, product reviews and projects throughout the month.
So lets get started with
Lulupu Challenge #46
Love you SWEETS
Twist - Use Red or Pink
(Click here to read the general guidelines)1. Anything goes - so you can make a card, layout, canvas, mini album, 3d project etc.
2. Emphasis on Sweets - use it in the sentiment, title or literally - cupcakes, candies, chocolates..... use your imagination
3. Don't forget the twist - Include Red or Pink in your project. You can use both too if you want.
4. You have until 28 February, 2015 11:55 IST to submit your entries.
Here is my project for you all. Its a valentines themed flip up mini album. The spine is an old photo frame from IKEA. The first page is a cupcake shaker placemat and I have a tutorial on how it was put together.
1. Full image x 2 cut out of pearl paper to form front and back of the shaker placemat.
2. Outline x3 chipboard for the inner portion of the shaker, to give depth and form the cavity that holds the sequins.
3. Outline solid x 2 acetate sheets.
All of these were cut using the Silhouette Cameo and I designed it using some free shapes on the internet.
NOTE: The order of assembling the shaker is important.
Full image – acetate – 3xchipboard – acetate – full imageIf you want to stamp or colour the full image cut-outs, its best to do so before assembling the shaker. Attach the embellishment later.
Stack-up the three pieces of chipboard and stick them together. Wet glue works well as you can move around the pieces and adjust the alignment.
The sequins are confined to the shape of the cupcake, so the placemat can be strung through ribbon or rings to bind into a mini. Also, the shaker is identical from front and back.
Wanted to try something different and really happy with the outcome.
Wishing you all a great crafting week!