Saturday 30 August 2014

Black with two Challenge


After a very very long time, playing alongwith Black with two. This month's colours matched a photograph from one of my France vacations perfectly. The background came together in a few mins and the layering went zip zap zoom and withing 30mins all done!

Now that almost never happens with me, so Im very happy :) May not be one of my best layouts, but I'm glad the story behind this photograph is finally documented. For the background, I used texture paste through a stencil, gave it a coat of black gesso and then rubbed grey paint over the raised areas.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out beautifully and shows off your skills as a versatile artist. Black is a tricky color for me to work with in large quantities, so I was really excited to see what you did with it. I really like how it's darkest around the edges and then lightens up around your photo. It reminds me of a gorgeous misty night or a beautiful lit-up building peeking through the fog. I am also really impressed with the amount of pattern and texture you managed to achieve. Love those hints of pale blue! You did a great job and your pieces always inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kripa - this is a stunning layout! Love it so much! Thanks for playing along with Black with Two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And isn't it great when that mojo kicks in & everything just 'works'.....LOVE the layering around the snap:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my incredible ! What a lovely layout and it's perfect for the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG ..This is so stunning Kripa ..i really love the way that light blue pop's up against the black background!! This is fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...