Saturday, 30 August 2014

Black with two Challenge


After a very very long time, playing alongwith Black with two. This month's colours matched a photograph from one of my France vacations perfectly. The background came together in a few mins and the layering went zip zap zoom and withing 30mins all done!

Now that almost never happens with me, so Im very happy :) May not be one of my best layouts, but I'm glad the story behind this photograph is finally documented. For the background, I used texture paste through a stencil, gave it a coat of black gesso and then rubbed grey paint over the raised areas.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out beautifully and shows off your skills as a versatile artist. Black is a tricky color for me to work with in large quantities, so I was really excited to see what you did with it. I really like how it's darkest around the edges and then lightens up around your photo. It reminds me of a gorgeous misty night or a beautiful lit-up building peeking through the fog. I am also really impressed with the amount of pattern and texture you managed to achieve. Love those hints of pale blue! You did a great job and your pieces always inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kripa - this is a stunning layout! Love it so much! Thanks for playing along with Black with Two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And isn't it great when that mojo kicks in & everything just 'works'.....LOVE the layering around the snap:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my incredible ! What a lovely layout and it's perfect for the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Kripa. I love the subtle light blue on the page. Great use of the view finders. Thanks for playing with at BW2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ..This is so stunning Kripa ..i really love the way that light blue pop's up against the black background!! This is fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...