Sunday 2 December 2018

'Set yourself Free' Art Journal Page - Mixed Media & Art

Hello friends,

I have been in a scrapbooking jinx off late, so all of this month have been playing in my art journals. My inspiration for this page came from listening to this video  of Oprah Winfrey while going through challenge blogs and scrapbook blogs.


Linking this to Mixed Media & Art . From the sketch Ive adopted circle elements - drawing & stamping stitched circles with journalling around them and the broken cage complements the circular shape too. Ive also used the hanging cage element from the moodboard and used it on my page. Instead of birds with wings, my page has a cage with wings symbolic of freedom.


"You get in life what you have the courage to ask for." 
Although Oprah's speech wasnt poetry, this quote stayed with me .....we have made so many rules and boundaries in our minds of what's acceptable or not, we need to break those first.... start with finding who we truly are!

After making the background with lots of handwritten positive affirmations and messages to myself, I started layering some very beautiful 2crafty chipboard pieces and each of these pieces were chosen to add meaning to the message I was journaling. As always, all the chipboard pieces were given a coat of white gesso. To color them, I used different techniques as explained below.

The lattice leaves were used to represent fresh ideas & new life being born. I used these lattice leaves on both pages after colouring them with 2 different green stamp pads.  
 Next, I coloured a piece of Ella's Border and the Pretty Birdcage pink & purple and then dabbed some white gesso with a sponge. The dainty Ella's border signifies to me the delicate yet strong spirit of a woman. The broken cage is quiet self explanatory - breaking free from rules, fears, habits and could mean different things to each of us.
 Finally, The Winged Heart 2 was painted with metallic gold paint and again a tiny dab of white gesso and tucked under the fussy cut cage.

I hope you enjoyed todays post. 
Wishing you a creative week ahead.
Kripa 

Here is the moodboard at Mixed Media & Art
November challenge - Poetry




2 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant....love the ideas of her speech that is behind it all.... you look like you're doing a wonderful job of your scrapping, as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such rich vibrant colors, I really love your art journal, so lovely! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...