Been a while since I blogged or made anything really.
Then all of a sudden this week, I feel my mojo coming back, thankfully in time for my interpretation of the challenge over at
Lulupu - Anything but square / rectangle
Click here to read about the challenge guidelines
1. We want you to think outside the square (and rectangle)........think circle, hexagon, triangle, star, heart, butterfly so many more shapes are there.
2. Cards, tags and mini albums only
3. Make sure you submit entries by 31 July 2015 by 11:55Pm IST
Winner this month will receive a Goodie bag from the Lulupu store.
This month my interpretation with tutorial is a heart shaped mixed media card. A card is a perfect trial ground for practicing techniques, I hope those of you who haven't tried mixed media will give it a go after this.
1. Cut out the base of the card using cardstock and pattern paper that will be used to mat the inside and front of the card. All paper for this card is from Kaisercraft True Romance collection. Cutting the hearts with the Silhouette cameo was easy breezy. Distress the edges of the pattern paper hearts using Prima distress tool. Note: Don't ink the edges, the white edge will give the card a soft look.
Before adding any medium I usually arrange embellishments and take a photograph of what I want the card to look like. The final version of this card, looks nothing like this.
5. Stick the embellishments. Mix glass beads and glass glitter with matt multi medium or gel medium and apply randomly around the resin angel and the chipboard edges. Once it dries, add paints again if required. I added a few hints of green watercolor before adhering the title which was also designed and cut on the Silhouette Cameo.
I love this resin angel from Prima Marketing and ended up making another card..... posting it in a couple of hours. Thank you so much for visiting me today, hope it was worth your time.