Monday 19 January 2015

3D with Silhouette Cameo

Hello friends,

Happy Tuesday to you all. I hope you found some crafting time this weekend to join us in

Lulupu Challenge #45

3D with Dies (or a die cutting machine)
Click here for all the details and rules

Tanvi Shah presented us with a beautiful shadow box + tutorial last week. If you haven't already started making your submission, I hope my project inspires you to try.

This project is another first attempt for me - traditional scrapbooking technique - paper piecing and layering. No inks, or stamps just paper and glue. Also, my first big project using the Silhouette Cameo. Here is a close up, any guesses?

Its a carousel which also doubles up as a cupcake holder. All papers have been cut using the Silhouette cameo -  plain, textured, glitter and pearl cardstock . Its definitely a dream machine, I could never have created this project without this die cutting machine. The cut file for the carousel is from www.svgcuts.com

There is place for 8 cupcakes and the horses are meant to be cupcake toppers. If you look closely, you can see that the horses have been temporarily fixed to the cupcake wrappers using washi tape. They can easily be removed later and inserted into the cupcake.
The top of the carousel can also be removed, there is enough place for a card and a light weight gift.
 
The biggest challenge I faced was what glue to use. After some trial and error, I used a combination of dry and wet glues. Just curious - what glue and brand do you use for projects like this?
 
I hope this post made your Tuesday a little more inspired 
So, dust those dies or cutting machines, take a leap of faith like I did and share your creation here with us.

Supplies from the Lulupu store
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! That is beautiful, & a gorgeous idea....love it! Yay for Cameo machines, eh??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly stunning! The colors you chose remind me of summer and happiness! And how amazing that it holds cupcakes? That is so absolutely clever. This must have taken you quite some time to build, but it is incredible. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an astounding work of art, Kripa! I'm literally blown away that this is your first time doing something grand like this!! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I came here because I have someone who followed me under the name 'Handmade With Love." A google search brought me here and I like your beautiful blog, so I joined. If you have already joined me as "Handmade With Love," please let me know so I can introduce you in my New Friends Corner. If that's not you, I hope you will pop by and join me, too, as a follower on my side bar! Please leave me a comment either way. Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...