Tuesday 21 June 2016

(VIDEO Tutorial) - GDT ARTastic June Challenge

Hello peeps,

I'm on the ARTastic blog today as Guest Designer sharing my take on their June challenge. For those if you that haven't visited ARTastic before - Jane Howden scores the web and shares one amazingly talented artist's work every month. This piece serves as inspiration and the basis of the challenge prompt for that month.

This months image is


The challenge prompt this month made me want to scrap a special photo. I've made layouts of this photo before, yet I want to make more. This photo is from the day my older son met his younger brother for the first time.


Let me try and explain how I’ve tried to express my emotions through colour & texture in this layout. When I look at this photo, time just stops for me (depicted by the black and white background) and I’m taken over by a feeling of love, joy and amazement (soft delicate – hand drawn flowers, lace, hearts, vellum) , probably similar to what my boys experienced that moment! The stars are my prayer to God to shower his blessing on my boys and our family.



Here is a video of how the page came together. The whole page came together in a couple of hours which is a first for me..... I take days to complete my layouts. My favourite part of the layout was making the puffy stars, the photo doesn't do justice to the gorgeous texture it created in the background.


Hope you enjoy watching. Thank you for stopping by today.

--- ❤ ---
Happy creating!




4 comments:

  1. Reading your interpretation makes it all meaningful Kripa ! I loved the mix of neutral kraft bg and delicate vellum on it ! Congrats for your GD post !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Kripa, love the hand-drawn and colored background, the vellum adds as beautiful and delicate a touch as the thoughts and feelings you have shared in your post....blessings to the stars of your life.... both your boys !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa.! Fantastic layout Kripa :) ur hand sketched flowers are amazing & ur boys are soo cute <3 i totally enjoy watching ur videos, looking fwd to see more :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an incredible layout! Your process is amazing. Those flowers are just amazing and the first thing that caught my eye! You are very talented! Have a good week. Melissa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...